Friday, March 4, 2011

More Mass Communication

We had another assignment for my class. We were assigned to take 5 different specific pictures, post them here, and explain them.

1. An action shot
The weekend of the assignment, I spent a good part of one day at the Islander game. I decided that this would be the perfect place to get my action shot. I took a break from taking pictures around the concourse to snap a shot during warmups. We won't tell anyone else that though.


2. A building from far away
This is Carnesecca Arena. It's where the basketball team plays. As a commuter student, this is one of the first things I see as I come on campus and one of the last things I see before I leave.


3. The same building close up


I decided that the best idea for this shot would be to get the actual name "Carnesecca Arena" as the shot. Especially since in the far away picture, you can't actually see the name of the building clearly.

4. A group shot(posed)

This way by far the easiest picture for me to get. Every Islander game I take about 200 posed group pictures. This is a picture of my friends at the game. Left to right it's: Steve Gordon, Jon, Mr. Gordon, Chris, and Steve Carlin. I picked this one because every single game I go to their seats and take a picture of them. They're all good sports for putting up with me.


5. A self-shot in front of the building
I'll start out by saying that I am not a very good self-shot photographer. Whenever I go somewhere new or exciting with my friends, I'm the person that really wants to take pictures because I know I'll appreciate them later. Since no one else seems to value sentiment as much as I do, I end up either not being in any of the pictures or not taking any. Because I always manage to cut out the heads of the people in it or something dumb like that.
For this picture, I again wanted to be somewhere you could tell was the arena. I decided that the best way to do that would be to stand in front of the student entrance and get that in the background. Or at least I tried. I told you, I always cut something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment